Saturday, April 16, 2011

Relationship or Obligation

There he is,as you say to yourself.  Oh that gorgeous smile, that cute face, the God help me body, and that great personality.  You can't wait to talk to him and when you're no longer together, you can't wait for that text from him. You get butterflies every time you see him.  So you go out and get the dress he said he liked.  You make sure you wear that perfume he said he loved.  You find yourself just wanting to please your man for no other reason but love. Not obligation, love.


Here's a thought...


So we say we love the Lord, does our action truly show that?  He said cast all your cares upon Him for He cares for us, do we cast them?  He said seek ye first the kingdom of God and all His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto us, do we seek Him?  He said our sword in warfare is the word of God, do we read it?  He said come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden, do we come to Him?


I don't dress modest,or try to be careful with what I am listening to, or stay away from certain things out of obligation. I do it because I'm in a relationship with God.  I do it because of love. Let's have relationship with our God saints.

1 comment:

  1. "Even though God is the wind beneath your wings, you still have to do a lot of flapping."

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete