Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Thought...

There are times when I can look at my husband and know exactly what he's gonna say before he can even say it.  Sometimes we can be talking to one another in a setting without saying one word.  I sense when he can use me to give him that back rub or space from a long day. Sending me flowers cause its a Tuesday, intimacy.

As I reflect how intimate I am with my husband, I begin to wonder how intimate are we with our God? Do we truly give all to Him?  Is He the first person we think of when a problem arises.  Do we fast in a crisis or fast cause its a Tuesday?  How often to we set aside time to be alone with Him? Do we play a favorite gospel song just to think about Him?

Are we treating God like a genie in a bottle, or are we intimate with Him?  Hmmm

John 14:21
Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.

Do you want God to show himself to you?  Then its time for some intimacy!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful Post Friend! I am so glad to have read this. Now i'm thinking how much intimate my relation to God is! I guess most of us just remember god when we feel life has been unfair to us. Blame him. Like a Husband blaming his wife for no reason. Or like a Wife blaming her husband without any reason.

    Thank you for this beautiful post..

    ~ Woody

    ReplyDelete