Saturday, November 29, 2014

Is This A Tare or Wheat?

Matthew 13:24-30 is a parable talking about the tare and the wheat.  For many years I’ve read this passage and kept it moving, but verse 30 has caught my attention:  Let both grow together until the harvest….
It made me reflect on “church hurt”.  Instead of seeing it as how this brother or sister can hurt my heart so, I now view it from a different level.   I now say to myself is this saint or a tare?  In reviewing The Handbook of Bible Applications, the characteristics of believers are:
1.      Imitate Christ’s merciful, forgiving attitude
2.      Let love guide their life
3.      Let peace of Christ rule in your heart
4.      Always be thankful
5.      Keep God’s word in you at all times
6.      Live as Christ representative

These characteristics are even to be viewed within our churches.  How do we treat one another?  How do we treat outsiders?  A true saint will not lead someone to go contrary to God’s word.  A true saint won’t let someone feel bad if God is taking them from carnality to spiritual mind set.  A true saint will not cause division or strife.  A true saint will not be so controlling.  These are not fruits of God’s kingdom.  So what are they….a tare.  When you think about it, what better place for tare to be then in church?

Matthew 7:6
Ye shall know them by their fruits.  Do men gather grapes of thorns or figs of thistles?

“Church hurt”, let’s look at this from a different point of view.  If a person in church shows you fruit that is contrary to God’s kingdom, then note he or she is a tare and pray for their deliverance. Unfortunately, not everyone saying Lord, Lord in church is of God.  I have decided moving forward there is no such thing as “church hurt”, for those of the church don’t do such things due to the love of God within us.   Instead call it for what it is, “tares”…pray and keep your mind stayed on the one that can keep you in perfect peace.  

Stay encouraged!



7 comments:

  1. Hi Evie

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this passage. I pray I will be fruitful and wise in my relationships, following the guidance of our Lord and keeping my mind on His perfect peace.
    Blessings :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evie!
    What a great conversation - and one we need to be having. Church is a place vital to all believers, but it can also be a place of deep hurt. Having a different perspective and a steadfast eye on the Lord will truly strengthen His body. Keep writing girl! Your words matter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard to see others at church acting like that but we are each on our individual journey to the Lord. Prayer is the key for that person and I think your post was spot on for that. Great article and I love the name of your blog! Blessings to you and yours in the New Year! #bloggercaregroup

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the reminder to be a light and to also focus on the Lord. We will be disappointed by people... but God will never disappoint us!

    @spreadingJOY
    Marie
    #BloggerCareGroup

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I love how God works it...I just read this passage yesterday in my Bible Study, so it's cool that you pointed it out. I do like your parallel and thoughts on it. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise God. What a blessing to my spirit to know God used this in your bible study. God helped me on this issue I was having for a long time. Stay encouraged.

      Delete