Sunday, November 27, 2016

The Other Side of that Holiday Table..



It was a different table, a different house, even a different setting.  Yet as I looked upon the blessings of the table with the delicious food displayed, it didn’t mask the heart of my grief.  It was at that moment I realized I was on the other side of the holiday table.   No more hearing my mother say “put a little more seasoning on that” or seeing the joy on her face with all her family together. I was trying to mask something that I couldn’t do.  That something was my grief.

As a child of God I know to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.  I know precious is the death of a saint.  We know these scriptures and even quote them at home goings, but to be honest it takes faith to stand on these scriptures when a love one has passed.  Especially if that loved one inspired your life.

Truth is we will grieve.  I never cried so much since my mother transition.  See I gained so much from her wisdom as I got older.  She was yet schooling me even up until her death.  I found myself saying to myself who is gonna teach me now. I have nobody.  Guess what, the Holy Spirit corrected me and said “I’m your teacher, who do you think taught your mother?”  I immediately felt convicted and repented.

I had to be reminded I am never alone.  He said I will never leave thee nor forsake thee.  He said peace I give, not as this world, I give.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.  It’s ok for us to grieve, but let’s remember in the midst that we serve a God that cares about everything! That includes our grief.   Every time I call on him, peace immediately hits my spirit.  So no, we are not alone.  God is there to help in our time of need!

I encourage the saints in celebrating during the holiday season; let us remember those who are on the other side of that holiday table dealing with grief.  Prayer is a powerful thing!  Let’s cover one another in prayer that Jehovah Shalom, the God of peace will be with those that lost love ones and are faced with the reality of it during this time of the year.  The reality hurts, but I must confess in the midst of the hurt God shows his beauty from those ashes and I am yet thankful.  It’s just a love that can’t be explained! The key is to remember that the God of comfort is waiting to spread his arms of peace around you within his hug!


No comments:

Post a Comment