Sunday, June 30, 2024

God Behind the Scenes…

 

This widow journey can be described as a rollercoaster ride. So many up and downs along the road of adjustments. The most recent street I find myself encountering is a street called uncertainty. It’s been four years now since my husband has went home and through it all God has shown me time and time again how much He can sustain me!

Although I have watched God part my own Red Seas, I yet find myself feeling the weariness of uncertainty. Questions like what would hubby have us do or what should I do now has been ponding louder and louder lately.  Then here comes the “what if.”  What if I do this and it be the wrong decision. What if I must do something that I really don’t want to do in order to feel like I’m surviving.  I notice something when I do this, it causes me to focus on self and the temporal instead of God and the eternal. Instead of peace and wisdom, I feel fear and worry. Yet didn’t He ask can worry add a day to your life? (Luke 12:25).

Selah

So, while making a left from the street called uncertainty, I found myself on an avenue called how long.  Abba I asked you what is next for me, how long will it be before you answer me?  Abba I asked can you give me an idea when this will happen, how long before you answer me?   Abba, do you see what is going on with me, why are you feeling so silent? How long? Has anyone else found themselves on this avenue 😊

Two words:  even now!

Exodus 13:17-18

17 When Pharaoh let the people go, God did not lead them on the road through the Philistine country, though that was shorter. For God said, “If they face war, they might change their minds and return to Egypt.”

18 So God led the people around by the desert road toward the Red Sea. The Israelites went up out of Egypt ready for battle.

 

Did you catch that…God sent them the roundabout way for their own protection. It may not have felt that way, but that was his purpose behind the scenes. Maybe you are feeling like me.  God where are you? God why aren’t you answering me directly on this? God how long? God why you telling me to go this way?

 

 I was reminded through these scriptures that it just maybe he is protecting me behind the scenes and desire for me to say even now I trust Him! May we continue to trust Him!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment