Thursday, October 1, 2026

A Lesson Overlooked

 

Talk about a bad day when it came to Job.  In a matter of one day, he lost all ten children, his wealth, and his servants.  Then on top of that the next thing he knows he becomes afflicted in his body.  No wonder his wife suggested to cuss God and die.

We all have experienced bad days.  Stress with a deadline on a job. A diagnosis that rocked your routine of life.  A loved one that has suddenly passed.  Anxiety regarding the future.  Concerns with our government.  In some way or another we all can relate to a bad day, although maybe not at the intense way of Job. 

Yet something caught my eye with Job that I didn’t catch before in all my reading of this book with so many lessons.  Job’s first response to his devasting day was not cuss God and die, not to complain, and not even ask the question why?

His first response was worship

Job 1:20-21

Job stood up and tore his robe in grief Then he shaved his head and fell to the ground to worship.  He said “I came naked from my mother’s womb, and I will be naked when I leave.  The Lord gave me what I had, and the Lord has taken it away.  Praise the name of the Lord!”

Selah

Worship- to recognize, treasure, and express supreme worth of someone or something.

During all that happened in just one day for Job, Job chose to worship.  It exposed his heart for God. The only way we can truly worship is to truly know Him.  Not just on a Sunday morning, paying my religious dues.  But every single day spending time with Him, knowing Him more.  See in that knowing our hearts are transformed.  We graduate from just watching the circumstances to seeing THE TRUTH-HIM

Be Encouraged

1 comment: