Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hems Down, Boobs Covered

Summer is coming and us women love getting our cuteness on, but be aware....

Hosea 2:13
And I will visit upon her the days of Baalim, wherein she burned incense to them, and she decked herself with her earrings and her jewels, and she went after her lovers, and forgat me, saith the Lord.
She put on her earrings and jewelry and went to look for her lovers. This shows that we as women have the power to seduce by what we put on! As women professing godliness, We are to be aware of how we are dressing!


1 Timothy2:9
In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety, not with braided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array.
The key word is modest! I looked up the word modest on an online dictionary website and it stated things like humble in appearance or dressing decent.

Let’s think: Does a guy think God when he sees you with a tongue ring? Does a guy think church girl when you are wearing your clothes so tight, he can see the details of your underwear? When you are showing some serious cleavage, do you really think he has his mind on the Lord while looking at you?


1Corninthians 6:15
Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them members of an harlot? God forbid.  Do we want to represent Christ in our dressing or show we represent members of a harlot?

Now, I’m all for dressing sexy for your mate when it’s husband and wife time. Nothing is wrong with that!
Yet Galatians 2:20 states I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live; yet not I but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
We are representing Christ outside the privacy of our home and church!!! One of the best compliments I got from a guy that wasn’t my husband was at 7-Eleven. He said he saw God all around me. I did not know this person at all. I was just going to get my Pepsi on but what he said just made my day. Yet, if I was dressed to seduce, it would've attracted a guy to say hey baby, yo shorty…see the difference.
So as women of God, especially as the warm weather approaches, let’s still get our cute on but in a godly manner! He will beautify the meek in salvation.  Let's represent!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for speaking on this. I wrote an article about this topic as well on my blog (keepingthevision.blogspot.com), but a woman's perspective is probably a little more effective. If you decide to check it out it's the articled entitled "A word with the ladies..."

    ReplyDelete