Monday, May 23, 2011

Appreciation Day

Remember the day you got married.  The butterflies you felt in your stomach all morning.  Being overwhelm with joy as you watched your bride comes towards you.  Your heart melting as you look upon your gorgeous groom, thanking God you finally found "the one."  It's your anniversary, a day set aside to reflect on your journey of love.

Today, I reflect on my journey of love with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  Oh, how I remember that life changing event as if it was yesterday.  The year was 1983, right in my parent's kitchen is where I got saved.  I came before Him full of worry, and arose full of His glorious peace.  I remember feeling the butterflies in my stomach, the heavy burden lifted, and such joy unspeakable introduced to my heart.

Throughout this journey, He has been my Jehovah Shalom.  He has been my Jehovah Jireh.  He has been my Jehovah Nissi.  He has been my Jehovah Rapha.  He has been my Jehovah Gibbor, and the best psychologist you could ever go to!!  He has shown His unconditional love, a love I yet can comprehend.  He has been faithful, even though I have not.  His word is truth, power, and life. Jesus literally changed my life!

I love my family, some friends, and have an awesome husband; but there is no greater love than God's love. He is the only one that can fill the empty void.  He is the only one that can make a person full.  So today, I smell the roses with my God.  It's a day of reflection, a day of appreciation.

Do you remember the day you started your love journey with Him?

1 comment:

  1. I've been a Christian since I was 15, but sometimes - well, often - i fail to appreciate the blessings I'm given. I try to love and Adore the Lord daily - but as we all do, we simply fall short. Thank you for this awesome reminder!!

    I think I'll go schooch in close to the Lord right now!!

    {{HUGS}}

    @spreadingJOY

    ReplyDelete