Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Bible: Just Another Book

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 1 Corinthians 2:14

I can understand a sinner thinking the Bible is just a book, as they are spiritual dead.  Yet a saint??  Why would a child of the most High ever think the Bible is just a book?  Come, let's explore:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1

In him was life; and the life was the light of men. John 1:4

Did you catch that, the Word is God, life is in him!  Therefore the Bible is life to a saint.  It is our sword over the enemy.  Still not sure...let's explore some more:

I'm feeling weak, had a long day at work and I just need some restoration. Should I go take a pill to uplift me as a sinner, or is there something in God's word that I can relate to...oh:

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him. Psalms 28:7-  El Gibbor

Wasn't expecting the problem I encountered today.  I'm feeling vexed.  Should I go to the liquor store and buy a false sense of peace, or is there something in God's word that I can relate to...oh:

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28 - Jehovah Shalom

Good grief I have all these bills to pay.  We all have those "If I was only Oprah" moments.  Is it possible I can even call on God with money issues?  Sure can:

Save now, I beseech thee, O LORD: O LORD, I beseech thee, send now prosperity. Psalms 118:25- Jehovah Jireh

So my dear brothers and sisters, since God is the word and there's life in Him, our Bible is not just a book.  It is life:   life to our spirit man, life to our everyday issues, and our sword against the enemy.  I don't know about you but when I pray God's word, I feel and see the results!  Don't allow satan to have you believe this lie straight from the pit.  I dare you to get into this word and watch how it will change your life for the better!  


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete