Monday, August 19, 2013

So Many Hats....

As women, we wear so many hats.  We wear the I’m the daughter hat.  We wear the I’m your sister hat.  We wear the I’m the girlfriend hat.  We wear the I’m your wife hat.  We wear the I’m the lover hat.  We wear the I’m sexy hat.  We wear the I’m a mother hat.  We wear the I’m the best friend hat. Whew, no wonder we be so tired.  Hahahaha

By wearing all these hats, it’s easy for us to say I have no time.  I have no time to take out for me.  I have no time for vacation.  I have no time to be sexy.  I have no time for hanging out with a friend.  I’m way too tired for sex. Etc…  However, at the end is this really healthy for us?
Every now and then we must stop and smell those roses we have worked so hard to plant!  Don’t let the devil put a spirit of condemnation on you for wanting some YOU time.  How can we be truly happy within ourselves if we are just burnt out.  We have the power over our homes.  Think about it, momma can affect everybody!


So I encourage us beautiful women to every now and then do you!  Whether that’s s trip to the hairdresser, or getting your nails done, or going out with a friend, exercising,  or just saying I need me time for a hour.  It’s important to keep yourself happy and healthy so that in return we can continue to wear all these hats sufficiently.   I know the next two weekends its going to be the road trip time for me. Woo hoo…then back to the student hat.  Booo.  Hahaha.  Stay encouraged.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder how important it is to take a little time for ourselves and take time to spend with the Lord as well. Then we can refocus and be more energized. :)

    ReplyDelete