Tuesday, September 17, 2013

What About The Youth?



Remember in church you will see the children’s choir and we all would go awww, so cute.  Somehow the church would make sure all types of programs were catered to them.  We would grab their cheeks or give them that hug.  Yet something happened…these same munchkins have now gone from adorable to hormones.  Where is the church then?

We often wonder why that girl got caught in out of wedlock pregnancy, or you why haven’t seen that boy in church since he finished high school.  Can it be that the church as a whole ignores our youth needs???

Growing up in church, I was not perfect at all.  As I’ve said in the past, I started out getting saved because I witnessed the Lord deliver my mother from alcoholism and a cigarette addiction in one night.  Yet how many can say amen to the fact that you can’t live off of someone else’s testimony forever.  Eventually, you have to have your own.  I learned the hard way that church is not a place to expect perfection.  I truly thought back then it would be the one place where it would be problem free.  Yes, I was wrong!  I ended up experiencing more hurt from my peers in church than I did at high school.  Sad but true.  Here’s a secret, as long as I kept my mind on Christ, He kept me in peace.  It was the minute I turn my mind towards the issues that all hell broke loose!

Yes, we were told fornication is a sin, but did anyone think to have youth night to explain in detail?  Did anyone say let’s just minister to the youth one Friday night to just let them get it out and have some prayer?  Did anyone explain why we shouldn’t be at such places like the club?  Where’s the youth ministry, not munchkins, youth!  Going to such things like Great Adventures is nice, but Great Adventures isn’t going to help when those hormones knock on the door!

Let’s be real, youth can be saved and love the Lord, but those hormones are kicking them big time.  I hate to say I see the same cycle today.  I am trying my best to encourage my brother, which at times can be hard as I also understand.  I see in my parents the church the young people that are 18-25 are barely there.  It breaks my heart at times.  It during those prime years is where the devil comes in with decent.  That decent can turn into rebellion due to hurt.  That rebellion can cause some never to get back to their first love.

I know this is women know your worth.  However, I think I want to address some “youth issues” in some upcoming blogs.  I want our youth to be encouraged.   Especially my young ladies! Oh and churches, I hope I am giving you something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment