Tuesday, September 17, 2013

For the Young and Saved :)



Oh the dating phase.  You see that guy that is so fine to your eyes.  You see that girl that is just gorgeous to your taste.  You meet.  You eat, laugh, and get to know each other better.  The flowers, the candy, the cards make it extra special.  Your heart beats harder when you see them.  You heart aches for them when they have to go.  Some women practice writing the guy they’re dating last name.  Men show other men how proud they are to say that’s my lady.  Oh yes, dating, what a wonderful feeling.  What a wonderful phase.

Then one night hormones knocks on the door.  What the two of you to do?  This is just some suggestions I think can be helpful for those youth that are dating and saved:

1.      Pray before you start your date.  I know when I was practicing this, hormones took a back seat.  I don’t know why I stopped.  Oh, and if brother is not encouraging the pray sometimes, RED FLAG!!
2.      Go to places where neither of you will be tempted! Then go home! Hahaha.  A kiss good night is nice but keep it moving!  Oh, and don’t get too HBO with the kiss either.  What happens when you touch a hot stove, need I say more. Hahaa.  It’s also good to go out with others like a double date to avoid temptation as well.
3.      Spend some time on your spirituality.  For example, this Friday night we will prayer together and do a bible study or discussion.  Again, if brother is not feeling this too tough, RED FLAG!!
4.      Some things come out by prayer and fasting.  It’s more to our spiritual lives than just corporate fasting.  Sometimes you have to get in your prayer closet and work it out.  So fasting to keep the flesh under subjection is suggested as well.  If brother making excuses all the time, RED FLAG!!

There is a reason why the Bible tells us to watch as well as prayer.  So keep mindful of things!  Even if it wasn’t meant to be, you can still remain friends and wish the best for each other.  It’s easier to do that when there is no sex involved!  I have ex’s that if I saw right now I would be like “heyyyy” J  Yet the one with sex, I would be like “oh God” J

Men, looking back, I wish I would of stayed doing this.  Well, we live and learn.  Hope this helps someoneJ

If anyone needs prayer or just want to holla at me on this, feel free.  Email: clarke697@gmail.com Twitter: @evie730

No comments:

Post a Comment