Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Catch Me in the Club...



You are a youth in church and hear how you can’t be going to the club on Saturday and then try to praise the Lord on Sunday.  You may think to yourself, what’s wrong with that?  Some may even think well its easier for you to tell me not to go the clubs when you was younger, you was all up in it.  Now that you're old, you trying to ruin my fun.  Hmmmm

Well, I learned yet again the hard way why saint don’t got no business in the clubJ  

As Sophia from the Golden Girls would say, picture it.  You got your best outfit on and feeling good.  You arrive at the club.  Your song comes on so you decided to get your dance on.  You saved, but full of youth and just want to have some fun.  To be honest, the club scene starts off fun.
I’ve learn that Satan works best on the youth through deception!  Remember, he is the father of lies!
The deception for me was one of my co-workers suggesting I be the designated driver since they knew I was saved and wouldn’t drink.  I said ok, at least I would help from one hurting themselves or others.  So off to the club I go.  I heard a song and was like ohhhhh and did my dance, while babysitting adults. Oh yeah, at first it seem like no big deal.  Why the church gets on the youth so about this.  Oh but the night went on….

Within this same night, I witnessed women getting their high on in the bathroom. While dancing, this lady looked out of it and the guy was doing some interesting things while suppose to be dancing with her. I didn’t want to leave my soda down, as concern someone may put something in it that would send me out my right mind. Ha-ha   Then I had to ask the Lord for help, as my friend was about to go off with two other guys that was walking her to this white van.  I forgot how some people become the angry drunk, and while minding my business, this stranger asked me what I was doing there.  Yeah, the demons knew I had no business being there even if I didn’t!  What started out to feel like so much fun ended up having to semi fight off the two men with my friend.  I had to wrestle with her to get her in my car.  Then calming down another one before we ended up on the local news, and wondering about the next one.  By the time I got home, I was exhausted and not in a fun way.

So why are we told such places aren’t meant for a saint, simple, because it turns into a demonic atmosphere.  If not careful it can take your peace, it can disturb your joy.  I haven’t been back to a club since!  I have no desire to be there.  Oh, and I told the adults you grown when they wanted me to be a designated driver again.  Yet did you see how the devil tricked me.  However it taught me the answer to why.

We love songs from Fred Hammond and Kirk Franklin.  I suggest a get together one Friday or Saturday night and play those types of songs and just enjoy one another’s company.  God is not against youth having some fun, but to be honest, we have to use wisdom.  We are in the world, but we sure nough aint of the world.

Hope my experience gave a better understanding on why not go to the club.  Be encouraged.          

No comments:

Post a Comment